What Is It?
Student Legal Services is a Student Government service that provides FREE legal advice to regularly enrolled University of New Orleans students.
What Can We Do For You?
Student Legal Services can:
• Give legal advice
• Write letters and negotiate on your behalf
• Assist with drafting of wills, living wills, and powers of attorney
• Review and notarize documents
• Help you prepare to go to court
What Can't We Do?
Student Legal Services cannot:
• Respresent you in court
• Advise on any dispute you have with the UNO administration, a UNO faculty or staff member, or another UNO student.
If you are not sure that you have a genuine legal problem, make an appointment anyway. If we cannot help you, we will try to refer you to an organization that can.
Does It Cost Anything?
NO! Student Legal Counseling Services is funded by student activity fees. There are no additional charges to students for legal services.
Will My Legal Problems Be Kept Secret?
Yes! Any information we get from you is kept totally confidential. No one will find out - not your teachers, nor the UNO administration - no one!